Castle Mystery Solved!

Earlier this week, I posted about my new vacuum formed plastic castle that came from Germany. While the seller didn't identify which castle it was, I loved it and the price enough to buy it anyway. It will be perfect for my games!

The mystery remained, though, until I posted my blog post to The Miniatures Page. Lo and behold, today, a user by the name "thehawk" pointed me to a site that led to identification.

I am the proud owner of a 1983 version of an Elastolin "Ritterburg" (aka generic "castle")

As seen here on this site: http://deerbe.com/unt/13383-elastolin_hausser_ritterburg.html

The picture from the site


My castle


Perfect match! (Except that I still need a drawbridge, but that's coming after April...)

Interestingly, as I look through this site, I find that there appears to be at least one other "close" version of this castle, with some decreasing quality in the piece.


Regardless, I'm glad to have found a match. I'm still not sure that it actually models a real castle, though.

BTW, if you don't already use The Miniatures Page as a resource, I highly recommend it as a research and techniques site. Some of the folks there have some very deep knowledge of our hobbies and various pieces.


Comments

Post a Comment